Monday, June 30, 2008

JOURNEY from the Vault.....

I was on my way home from work Friday, and heard "Lights" on the radio, and thought...hmmmm...haven't heard THAT in awhile. So I get home, and pull out the Journey cds. (I have a large CD collection, and anytime I pull something from my 'generation' from it, my oldest daughter says "Oh Lord, mom's in the vault again".) Spent ALL day listening. I kid you not. Steve got quite the work out let me tell you. I even spent 3 hours by the pool surrounded by the crooning of all my favorites. Man, those were the days weren't they?

Teenaged with no bills, no worries, no responsibilities aside from homework and feeding the dog/cat.

I remember when I first 'met' Journey. It was around 1980-1981 was about 10-11 years old, and my uncle Mike had a record collection to put my cd one to shame. I am talkin hundreds of albums. I came from a girly house living with my mom listening to Andy Gibb and watchin Solid Gold for crying out loud. My soul was screaming for something, and Mike turned me onto the drug of my youth: rock and roll. That summer, I Journeyed, got Kissed, and learned that Deep Purple was NOT a color. I was in guitar heaven.

Journey was my first love, and Steve my first crush. My favorite has always been 'Anyway You Want It', and I still sing it as loud as I did when I was younger.

So Steve, don't worry about growing older darlin. You are like a fine wine...you only get better with age. You are still the sexiest man I never met.

In honor of my youth and Steve Perry....ANYWAY YOU WANT IT THAT'S THE WAY YOU NEED IT ANYWAY YOU WANT IT!

No comments: